Prep: 5 mins - Cooking: 30 mins
A delicious breakfast treat – soft pancakes with cream cheese and our smoked salmon.
Try the most delicious smoked salmon pancakes!
- 100g-200g Alfred Enderby Smoked Sliced Salmon
- 100g plain flour
- 2 large eggs (we used Clarence Court eggs)
- 300ml milk
- 100g cream cheese, we used Philadelphia
- 1 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil, plus a little extra for frying
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Capers (optional)
How to Cook
- Put the flour, eggs milk, 1 tbsp oil and a pinch of salt into a bowl and whisk until it forms a smooth batter.
- Set a medium frying pan over a medium heat and carefully oil it with some kitchen paper.
- When the pan is very hot, start cooking the pancakes 1 min each side, once cooked keep them warm as you go.
- When the pancakes are all cooked take some freshly sliced Alfred Enderby truly traditional smoked salmon, don’t buy the thin wet sliced stuff, it’s simply not the same. You may slice the salmon slightly thicker for a improved taste experience.
- Spread the cream cheese lightly over the pancakes add the sliced salmon on top, add capers if you like, fold the pancakes into triangles cut in half and serve with a slice of lemon.