Prep: 10 mins - Cooking: 40 mins
A delicious Autumn dish using our succulent smoked haddock fillets and pumpkin which is in abundance this time of the year. Using ginger & garlic this creamy soup bowl with a twist is a great choice to serve for Halloween.
- 500g Alfred Enderby Smoked Haddock Fillets cut into two
- 400g pumpkin chopped into squares
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large white onion, finely chopped
- 300ml single cream
- 300ml whole milk
- 950ml water
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 2 large sweet potatos, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp ginger finely diced
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 4 cloves of garlic finely diced
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Optional for decoration pomegranate seeds
Salt and pepper to season
- Place the olive oil into a large saucepan. Add the onion & cook for 2-3 minutes, until softened & golden.
- Add the chopped pumpkin, sweep potato, garlic, stock cube, turmeric and ginger to the pan and top with 800ml water. Bring to a simmering boil and cook for 20 minutes or until the pumpkin & potatoes are very soft.
- Leave to cool for a few minutes then blend using a hand held soup blender and set aside.
- Place the 300ml of milk in a shallow pan, add 150ml of water and some pepper & bring to a simmer over a low heat then add the haddock fillet, skin-side down, poach for 6–8 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish.
- While the haddock is cooking, place the soup back on the hob add 150ml of cream salt & pepper to taste and gently simmer.
- Once the fish starts to flake take off the fire and use a fork to remove from the skin and separate into small flakes.
- Ladle the soup into bowls pour the rest of the cream into each bowl for decoration add the haddock flakes in the middle of the bowl and top with fresh parsley & pomegranate seeds.