Prep: 10 mins - Cooking: 50 mins
- 500g Alfred Enderby Smoked Haddock Fillets skinned and cut into large chunks
- 25g butter
- ½ tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 white onion, finely diced
- 4 sliced smoked bacon
- 450ml whole milk
- 300ml chicken or fish stock
- 1 medium potato, cut and diced into 1cm cubes
- 1 small tin sweet corn
- 100g spinach
- ½ sweetcorn cob
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
Salt and pepper to season
- Place the butter and oil into a large saucepan. Add onions and cook for 2-3 minutes, until softened. Cut up the rashers of bacon and add to the pan. Cook for a further 3 minutes, until slightly browned.
- Add milk, stock and potatoes to the pan. Bring to a simmering boil and cook for 2 minutes. Season with pepper and add in the sweet corn.
- Blend around half of the amount of the mixture, a little at a time and add back into the pan.
- Add in the smoked haddock and cook on a gentle simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- While the haddock is cooking, slice off the kernels from the sweetcorn cob. Cook in a dry and hot pan for 2-3 minutes, until they soften and begin to lightly char. Place these to one side, until you are ready to serve.
- Once the fish starts to flake, add in the spinach just before serving.
- Ladle into bowls and top with sweetcorn and fresh parsley.