Prep: 10 mins - Cooking: 15 mins
A spring salad using our award winning smoked haddock fillets, perfect to delight your taste buds this summer.
- 500g Alfred Enderby Smoked Haddock Fillets (skin removed)
- 50g Lambs Lettuce
- 1 Little Gem Lettuce
- 8 Asparagus Spears
- ¼ Cucumber
- 1 cup Broad Beans
- 1 cup Peas
- Sprig of Mint
- 1 Tin of ready cooked lentils (drained and rinsed)
For the dressing
- 1tsp Capers
- Parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 Whole Lemon (juice and zest)
- 1tbs Olive Oil
- 1tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1tsp Honey
How to Cook
- Over a high heat, add a pan of water and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling turn off the heat and add the peas, broad beans and sugar snap peas. Allow to sit in the hot water for a few minutes, then drain and rinse with cold water.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and add a splash of olive oil with a little butter.
- Gently place the haddock fillets into the pan and cook for 4/5 minutes on a low to medium heat, then carefully flip the fillets to finish cooking for a couple of minutes. When you flip the fillets, add the asparagus spears to the pan to gently cook alongside.
- Whisk up the vinaigrette in a small dish by adding all the ingredients.
- Add the salad leaves, to a plate and top with the fresh vegetables and cucumber.
- Place the fish onto the salad and dress with the tangy vinaigrette and cooked lentils.