Prep: 10 mins - Cooking: 45 mins
- 500g Alfred Enderby Smoked Haddock Fillets
- 750ml whole milk, enough to cover the fillets
- 3 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 1 large leek, halved and finely sliced
- 300g arborio rice
- 150ml white wine
- 500ml chicken stock
- 100g spinach
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 lemon, zested
- 50g parmesan, shaved to serve
Salt and pepper to season
- Pre heat oven to 180ºc. Place the smoked haddock skin side down in a ceramic baking dish. Cover with milk and bake for 12-15 minutes, until fish is just cooked. Remove fillets from milk and place the milk to one side in a jug. Once the fillets have cooled slightly, carefully remove the skin and leave to one side.
- Take a large pan and gently sauté the onions and leeks with the oil on a medium heat. Gently cook for 5-7 minutes, until softened.
- Add in the rice and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, stirring regularly with a wood spoon.
- Pour in the wine, and simmer for a further 2-3 minutes, before adding in the stock, a little at a time. Stir regularly as the liquid reduces.
- To a dry frying pan, add spinach and cook on a medium-high heat for 2 minutes, until wilted. Leave to one side.
- Once the stock has be incorporated, add a little of the milk from earlier. Add until the rice is cooked through. Note – that you won’t need all of the milk.
- Once cooked, stir in the spinach, lemon zest and juice and flake in the haddock. Fold together and season with pepper to taste.