Prep: 10 mins - Cooking: 35 mins
A delicious traditional English breakfast dish using our smoked undyed haddock, spices, rice and eggs. Perfect for a big family breakfast on a relaxed Sunday morning.
- 200ml whole milk
- 500g Alfred Enderby Smoked Haddock Fillets
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 white onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 2cm fresh ginger, grated
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 ½ tsp curry powder
- 250g long grain rice
- 350ml vegetable stock
- 4 eggs, hard boiled, shelled and halved
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
Salt and pepper to season
How To Cook
- Bring the milk and 50ml of water to a gentle simmer in a deep saucepan. Add the haddock skin side down. Cook for 5 minutes until opaque. Remove from the pan and leave to one side.
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil and gentle sauté the onion, garlic, ginger, coriander, turmeric and curry powder, cooking for 4-5 minutes, until softened.
- Add rice, coating with the onion mixture. Add vegetable stock and bring to a simmering boil. Cook on a low heat for 10. Remove the haddock from the milk and add the milk into the rice mixture. Cook for a further 6 minutes, until the rice is cooked.
- Fold through one of the eggs and flake in the haddock to the rice mixture. Lay the remaining 6 egg halves over the kedgeree, season to taste and sprinkle over fresh parsley to serve.