Prep: 10 mins - Cooking: 25 mins
Smoked haddock is great teamed with asparagus, spinach and a poached egg. A healthy & delicious dish that is easy to cook and makes the perfect choice for breakfast or lunch.
- 2 fillets Alfred Enderby Smoked Haddock
- 300ml semi skinned milk
- Pepper to season.
- 1 bunch of trimmed asparagus
- 100g spinach
- 50g butter
- ½ tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 free range eggs
- 1 tsp freshly chopped chives or parsley
- Hollandaise and toasted muffins to serve
Poach The Haddock
- Place the milk into a source pan and bring to a simmering heat. Place the fillets into the milk skin side up.
- Cook on a simmering heat until translucent.
- Once cooked, remove from the milk and place onto a cloth or towel, to absorb any excess moisture.
- Season with pepper
- To poach your eggs, half fill your source pan with water. Heat until simmering.
- Break your egg onto a small plate and gently slip with egg into the simmering water.
- Cook for 3 minutes for a runny yolk or 5 minutes for a hard yolk.
- Repeat until all eggs are cooked.
- Remove from water with a slotted spoon and serve.
- Whilst the eggs are cooking, place rapeseed oil and butter into a frying pan.
- Add asparagus and cook for 2 minutes
- Add in the spinach and cook for 30 seconds – 1 minute, until wilted.