Prep: 15 mins - Cooking: 20 mins
This healthy, smoked salmon frittata is the perfect breakfast (or Sunday brunch recipe). Filled with our tasty smoked salmon, fennel leeks and red onion, it’s naturally gluten-free, paleo-friendly and is sure to impress.
- 150g Alfred Enderby Smoked Salmon, torn into 2-3cm pieces
- 8 large eggs
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 bulb of fennel, thinly sliced
- 3 medium leeks, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, finely sliced
- 1 lemon, zest
- 1 tbsp baby capers
- 100g Alfred Enderby Smoked Salmon
- Sliced red onion
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 tsp chives, sliced
Leafy Greens Salad...
How to Cook
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ºc.
- Add the oil to a large cast iron ovenproof pan. Add the fennel and leek and cook on a low - medium heat for 7 minutes, until softened.
- Add parsley, dill and chives.
- In a large bowl or jug, whisk together the lemon zest and eggs. Add in slices of smoked salmon and season well with pepper. Pour into the pan and combine with the leeks and fennel.
- Cook on a low heat for 3 minutes, or until it starts to set around the edges of the pan. Place in the oven and bake for 15-17 minutes, until cooked.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven, top with fresh slices of smoked salmon, red onion, capers and chives.