Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Place the fish in a pan and cover with milk, gently cook until easily pierced with a toothpick and flaky.
- Remove from milk, if necessary remove skin and check for bones. Gently flake fish.
- In a large bowl put the mash potato, fish, broccoli, peas, Cheddar & Mozzarella cheese and egg and some pepper.
- Gently combine, I find this is easier to do using your hands or the kids can do it. Try not to break up the fish flakes if possible too much.
- Take a sausage size lump and shape into a fish finger shape usually about twice the thickness of a normal fish finger. Place onto plate and repeat you should get between 10 & 12 good sized portions. If you want to make them into fish cakes please do just the children have always made them this shape in our house.
- Place in fridge preferably for at least 30 minutes although if careful you can do the next bit straight away.
- Get one bowl with some flour. One bowl with x3 beaten egg. One bowl with the Panko breadcrumbs.
- Take one the fish fingers roll into the flour then into the egg and then into the breadcrumbs place on a clean plate. This is messy kids love it.
- Once all the Fish Fingers are breadcrumbed place in oven on an oiled tray, drizzle with oil and bake for 20 minutes at 220 Gas Mark 6 until golden brown.
- Serve straight away.