Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 16 – 20 minutes
- Heat the oil in a heavy based saucepan. Add the onion and cook gently for around 5 minutes, until it’s softened but not browned. Then add the garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the rice to the onions and garlic, and stir constantly for a few minutes until all the grains are coated in the oil.
- Add the wine and stir until it’s all been absorbed. Add a ladleful of the hot stock and simmer, stirring continuosuly, until all the liquid has been absorbed. Continue adding the stock, a ladleful at a time, stirring continuously.
- After about 12 minutes, check the rice for consistency – while it still has plenty of bite (without being crunchy or chalky), add the smoked haddock with another ladleful of stock. Cook for about 3-4 minutes, stirring gently, until the fish is just cooked through and the rice is tender but not mushy – add a little more stock if you need to alter the consistency.
- Add the cream cheese, parmesan, herbs and lemon juice, to taste. Season with black pepper and serve immediately, garnished with the mixed leaves and cherry tomatoes.